Countertops are the dominant part of the kitchen. When it comes to the interior of the house, the kitchen is the main part to be done and so the countertop. Homeowners primarily use quartz and granite for their countertop, since; they are the one which is in demand. It says that Quartz and Granite in countertops give out an elegant show to the kitchen. In this blog, we will go through the merits and demerits of both Quartz and Granite.
Engineered stone is the another name of Quartz . Quartz can give out special appearance and attraction to the countertops, comparing it with the natural stones. Here, we can go through the pros and cons of the quartz countertop;
- Quartz is more attractive than any other because it is manufactured stone.
- A wide range of colors is available in Quartz.
- Finishing of Quartz is lusher than other stones; this gives out a luxury look to the countertops.
- Quartz has more durability and that’s the reason quartz won’t crack or chip very easily.
- It is non-porous, which means high resistance to stain. The Kitchens do have more stain due to the food materials.
- Quartz will not conceal the virus and bacteria’s, which is very healthy in the case of kitchen countertops.
- The cleaning of quartz is very simple. We can use mild soap water and a sponge or a soft rag.
- Comparing to the other natural stones; Quartz is high in cost.
- Quartz design can only implement contemporary styles. No other styles like natural stones cannot be produced here.
- Seams of the quartz and engineered stone will be visible even after placing it on countertops.
- The major con of quartz it is non-resistant to heat. Placing hot pans and utensils over the quartz may lead to damage to the stone.
Granite is made up of interlocking mineral crystals, the most common being feldspar and quartz. Mostly Homeowners choose granite for their kitchen countertops just because they give out best glance at affordable prices.
- Granite carries out varieties of patterns, which means each kitchen will have unique designs and patterns. Homeowners get satisfied with granite only because of this characteristic.
- They are visually appealing material. The kitchen with granite countertops will be gaze to the eyes.
- Granite countertops lasts longer and it has got the best durability but less than quartz.
- Granite poses fewer scratches only another piece of granite or diamond can only form scratches on the countertops.
- They are heat resistant, which makes granite at the top than other stones.
- They don’t absorb liquid very easily (when it is properly sealed), so it shows positive to stain-resistance too.
- When countertops are poorly sealed, the absorb tendency increases, which can cause bacteria in the kitchen. This shows porous in certain situation.
- Granite countertops are durable, but there are still chances for the chipping of stone.
- We cannot place heavy object on countertops if so; the cracking of stone follows.
- They are a bit costly. Comparing with Quartz, granite is much lesser.